The focus on quality in addition to the expertise of the skilled physicians and staff, is what makes the Department of Dermatology at Maxicure Hospitals a standalone and trusted facility in the field of skin care.
The specialists possess the highest level of training in the field of Cosmetic and Medical Dermatology and use the most advanced techniques and medical equipment for skin rejuvenation and body aesthetics.
The team of expert doctors here provides specific diagnosis and planned treatment for all dermatologic concerns such as rashes, acne, infections, moles, warts etc. They also provide advanced cosmetic procedures such as Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Microdermabrasion, Chemical peeling and Radio Frequency surgical procedures that improve the overall skin health.
- MEDICAL DERMATOLOGY: It involves the evaluation and diagnosis for diseases of skin, hair, lips and mouth to improve overall health. Some of the disorders that are treated in this department are wart removal, acne, psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo and melasma
- PHOTO DERMATOLOGY: This subspecialty is involved in studying basic biological processes such as effect of Ultraviolet (UV) irradiation on the skin’s immune system (photo-immunology), melanocytes or DNA (carcinogenesis) and also clinical issues such as photoprotection, photosensitive skin diseases (photodermatoses), phototherapy and psoriasis
- COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY:It is a specialized field of Dermatology that focuses on improving the skin on the face and neck for cosmetic purposes rather than for treating a medical condition. Procedures such as Botox, dermal fillers, skin peels and laser hair removal are examples of cosmetic dermatology procedures
- PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGY: This department specializes in diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions in children and adolescents which requires special skills that the specialists at Pranahitha hospital possess. Treatment is provided for a wide variety of skin, hair and nail conditions including acne, dermatitis, infectious skin conditions, vascular and pigmented birthmarks
- DERMATOPATHOLOGY: It is a joint subspecialty of dermatology and pathology or surgical pathology that focuses on study of cutaneous diseases at a microscopic and molecular level.